Our Email Spam Policy
Spam is commercial Email or unsolicited bulk Email, including “junk mail”, which has not been requested by the recipient. It is intrusive and often irrelevant or offensive, and it wastes valuable resources. Spam messages are the opposite of permission-based Email, which are normally anticipated, personal, relevant and/or associated with a pre-existing business or personal relationship. Inappropriate newsgroup activities, consisting of excessive posting of the same materials to several newsgroups, are also deemed to be spam.
LukeHayes.com.au has developed its Internet marketing tools to incorporate a strict permission-based philosophy. This anti-spam philosophy is implemented through the following:
- Unsubscription – Each Email created using LukeHayes.com.au products contains an “unsubscribe link”. If your web site visitors use the link to request that they be unsubscribed, your subscriber lists will automatically be adjusted to eliminate the prospect of sending unwanted Email to such persons. Additionally, each person on your subscriber list has the option of unsubscribing through a web-based method provided on the LukeHayes.com.au web site. Customers of LukeHayes.com.au who try to remove the unsubscribe link will be warned that they are doing so, and if they persist in having the link removed or deactivated in any way, then LukeHayes.com.au will have the right to terminate their account.
This LukeHayes.com.au Anti-Spam Policy has been developed to conform to the highest commercially reasonable standards. As a result, and without limiting the general prohibitions against all spam activities, the following are expressly prohibited:
- Use of false headers, or other false information, to identify the point of origin or the transmission path of the Email, or to hide the true origin of the Email sender,
- Unauthorized use of a third party’s internet domain name without the permission of such third party, to make it appear that the third party was the point of origin of the Email,
- Use of any false or misleading information in the subject line of the Email, and
- Assisting any person in using the products or services of LukeHayes.com.au for any of these previously mentioned activities.
To help in establishing whether you are participating in activities constituting spam, ask yourself the following questions:
- Are you sending Email to anyone who has not given you permission?
- Have you deliberately falsified your transmission path information or originating address?
- Are you sending Email to mailing lists or distribution lists, which then send indirectly to various other Email addresses?
- Have you imported for use a purchased list of any type?
- Are you continuing to mail to anyone who has asked to be deleted from your mailing list?
- Does your Email not provide a fully functioning link to unsubscribe?
- Does you Email subject line contain false or misleading information?
- Have you used a third party’s Email address or domain name without the party’s consent?
If you answer yes to any of these questions, you are likely involved in spam activities.
Any LukeHayes.com.au customer found to be using LukeHayes.com.au products or services for spamming purposes may, at LukeHayes.com.au’s discretion, be immediately cut off from use of all LukeHayes.com.au products and services.
LukeHayes.com.au warns all of its customers when signing up that if they participate in spamming activities they will be subject to the loss of LukeHayes.com.au services and possible legal action.
LukeHayes.com.au has the right to actively review its customers’ subscriber lists and Email for suspiciously large broadcasts. If LukeHayes.com.au finds any customers to be spamming, it will issue a warning, and if the activities are serious enough, LukeHayes.com.au will take action immediately. If LukeHayes.com.au has any reason to believe that the customer, despite warning being given, threatens to or is continuing to send spam, then Luke Hayes.com.au may take action immediately, including disabling the customer’s account and/or reporting the customer and the incident to the proper authorities.
LukeHayes.com.au does not attempt to censor any content, nor to curtail the business of its customers. However, spam activities do not fall within uses authorized by LukeHayes.com.au, and will not be tolerated.
If you believe that you have received spam from or through LukeHayes.com.au’s facilities, please send a complaint from your Email account along with the unsolicited Email, with completed header, to email@example.com