WEB SUCCESS BLOG
3 MASSIVE ONLINE SHOP CHECKOUT MISTAKES
No matter how good your web design, your offer or your call to action, if your checkout page is unimpressive then you will lose sales.
If your customers experience friction, negativity or problems during the checkout process, they will abandon your site and the sale.
- Forced registration before you are allowed to buy SUCKS. If you want people to register make this an option after the sale has been successfully achieved. Another way is to have two options “Register” or “Checkout Without Registering”.
- Security concerns are a major deterrent. Reassure the user you are safe and secure by including SAFE messages and the padlock icon. Also make sure there are no errors messages or other red flags by testing your eCommerce system monthly.
- High price surprise turns more customers off than anything else. Especially don’t add a ridiculously high delivery cost in and surprise people with it at the end.
If you want help planning your new website, get in contact.
To your web success,
Web Marketing Strategy
Best Selling Author of Website Masterplan
RECENT POSTS & TIPS:
- NEW CUSTOMERS: SHOW ME THE MONEY
- HOW TO KICK BIG WEBSITE GOALS IN DIFFICULT TIMES?
- 3 MASSIVE ONLINE SHOP CHECKOUT MISTAKES
- 7 WAYS TO IMPROVE YOUR BUSINESS ON FACEBOOK
- PROFESSOR RANDY PAUSCH – 10 MINUTE VIDEO
- YOUR CUSTOMERS; SATISFY ME OR LOSE ME
- CALL TO ACTION WINS RESULTS
- LEVERAGE THE POWER OF EMOTIONS
- FREE DIRECTORIES: WEB POPULARITY
- WHO OWNS AND CONTROLS YOUR WEBSITE?